Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Fall Leaves

Today's storytime was all about fall and the beautiful leaves we see changing color all around town.  I drove around looking for the best leaves to harvest for today's storytime craft.

We read Fancy Nancy and the Fall Foliage by Jane O'Connor and Leaves by David Ezra Stein



Today's craft was all about the leaves.  I rolled out some contact paper on the tables and taped the edges down.  On a separate table, I spread out all the leaves I'd collected.  I showed the kids the clear, sticky contact paper and explained that we were going to make beautiful fall leaves sun-catchers by pressing the leaves onto the sticky contact paper and hanging it in the window.  





I hung the sheets in the library windows and when the sun shines through the leaves, it creates a very pretty glow.  I like inviting the children to help us decorate the library.  They love coming in and seeing their own work hung on the walls, or in this case, the windows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment