Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Skeleton Storytime

This week we read about skeletons.  I like to dedicate most of my October storytimes to all things Halloween.  There are so many great Halloween books and crafts and I like to get in the spirit.  Today's skeleton theme was really fun and it was a great opportunity to talk about what a skeleton actually is.  We all felt our rib bones and I pointed the ribs out in the picture of the skeleton in the book.
Today's books were, Skeleton for Dinner by Margery Cuyler and Skeleton Hiccups also by Margery Cuyler.



Today's craft involved making a skeleton out of Q-Tips.  I printed off a skeleton head for each child and then showed them how I'd glued on the Q-Tips to make the rest of the skeleton's body.
Here's the one I did to show them.
 And here are a few that the kids made. 


I think they turned out pretty great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment