Tuesday, September 16, 2014

National Play Doh Day

Apparently September 16th is National Play Doh Day.  I thought it would be fun to honor this holiday with a play dough activity at storytime.  It just so happens that we had some lovely black play dough left over from summer reading.  I love black play dough.  There's something so beautiful about it.  I decided to go with a moon theme and to call our play dough, moon dough.  Before I gave each child his or her glob of dough, I sprinkled blue and purple glitter on the table  and let them mash the dough into the glitter.  The purple/blue glitter looks so pretty against the black play dough.  It's very easy to believe that it could have come from the moon.

To go with our moon theme, I read the books Grandfather Twilight by Barbara Berger, Papa, Please Get the Moon for Me by Eric Carle, and Max and the Tag-Along Moon by Floyd Cooper.



And here is a picture of our moon dough:
Happy National Play Doh Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment