Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Snow Storytime

Today's storytime was themed around snow.  December is such a fun month for storytime because there are lots of great winter books and craft ideas.  Today we read, Clifford's First Snow Day by Norman Bridwell and Snow by Roy Mckie.



For today's craft made snow globe pictures.  I brought in a snow globe for the kids to see because I wasn't sure all of them would know what a snow globe is.

I cut out circles for the globe part and freehand drew a base for the globe.  Then I cut out little pine trees to go inside the snow globe pictures.

Once everyone had assembled their snow globes, I gave them some puffy paint to make the "snow."
I like to use the puffy paint whenever possible because it's really fun.  It is just a mixture of equal parts white glue and shaving cream.  If you want to color it, you can add food coloring or paint.  I left today's puffy paint white so it would resemble snow and added a little glitter.
Here are the finished results.
Here is the one I made
Here are a few made by the kids


Here is a view of the puffy paint from the side so you can see how puffy it dries.

No comments:

Post a Comment